25.3.09

Gaji : 9pmatgfm



I believe I said I had upped all the Gaji I had, which was a filthy lie. I had not in fact put up their last-and what I think is their best--release, the recorded-live-without-an-audience 9pmatgfm.

The longer, less numerous songs (two of which are extended re-recordings of previous stuff) distill and emphasize the best of their sound; case in point being the ominous bass-line, marching drums, jangling, wandering guitar and flattened, punchy rhythmic shouts of the second track, Sun Exhausted. Good stuff which I would encourage people to give a decent listen to, as the sound can take a while to click.


9PMATGFM

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks!

Chairmaker said...

I'm glad you're liking gaji; they're one of my favorite finds from the past few years.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I like 'em a lot, they are a great find indeed!

Anonymous said...

Great band. "Vector" blew me away. But All Music Guide has zero information on them, and I can't even find them in my favourite on-line stores. Are they that obscure?

Chairmaker said...

I think they were somewhat known in Japan, but got very little overseas exposure. Their stuff's available through Japanese Amazon, and this one can be gotten through Inoxia's web store, but I've seen almost nothing on them in English anywhere.