15.2.09

Rebreather : No. 4




I really like this band. Rebreather started out heavy and stoned molasses slow. Throughout the years they leavened their sound with some lighter and somewhat faster influences, and their later releases, to me at least, constitute a lovely union of heaviness and shades of melodic indie rock. Great guitar tone and solid songwriting abound.

This is their fourth release (surprised, aren't you), and my personal favorite (or maybe not- their other stuff is also pretty excellent). For some shameful reason this has never seen a proper release, making it a perfect and guilt-free album to put up on a music blog.




Their most recent album, 'sunflower' did have a proper release in 2008 and can be gotten here. I also see that they have another album in the works, so I'm happy.




NO. 4

No comments: